I'm writing this blog as a journal of my build of a Duo-660 catamaran. Most of the content will be dedicated to this endeavor. I try to populate posts with pictures since it is instructive. The notes tab is for misfit posts. Always nice to have a place for the misfits.

-Esteban

Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Keel Blanks Made Today

It was a dry day, if still overcast, so I got the keel blanks cut, laminated, and a coat of epoxy put on one side. I was hoping to do some more fairing but wanted to make sure I had the keel on its way. Once done with the keel, I didn't want to do any fairing work while wearing the respirator. I only ended up missing out on about 30 minutes of work time.  Here is a picture of the keel blanks.


I put cellophane under any areas where they are supported to make sure I didn't glue them to anything unintentionally. Also I used the polymer brad nailer to hold them together rather than fool around with a bunch of clamps. It was fun to make these, the only part I don't much like is handling full sheets of plywood. There are just big and awkward enough to be a pain. Tomorrow I will scarf these blanks together, apply one more coat of epoxy, and (if lucky) get to do at least a little more fairing.

No comments:

Post a Comment