I'm writing this blog as a journal of my build of a Duo-660 catamaran. Most of the content will be dedicated to this endeavor. I try to populate posts with pictures since it is instructive. The notes tab is for misfit posts. Always nice to have a place for the misfits.

-Esteban

Tuesday, March 15, 2016

2nd Plank Installed

I got the second plank on today and I installed one more butt strap on one side of the hull. This butt strap ends up being near another bulkhead so I didn't get to use my router frame as I had hoped. I still used it to mark off where to clamp on stops to limit the router cut but that was all. I used the same approach to the plank installation as yesterday and all went well. I was more careful in marking the pencil lines on the outside over stringers and so I didn't miss with the screws (only used 2). Here is a picture of the plank as installed.


Below is a picture of the router cuts for the butt strap.


And finally the butt strap installation as I left it.


It would be cool if I could get into a rhythm of installing a butt strap and plank a day until done. But I'm dependent on dry weather to cut planking blanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment