I'm writing this blog as a journal of my build of a Duo-660 catamaran. Most of the content will be dedicated to this endeavor. I try to populate posts with pictures since it is instructive. The notes tab is for misfit posts. Always nice to have a place for the misfits.

-Esteban

Sunday, March 6, 2016

Let The Planking Begin

I didn't work on the boat yesterday, there was a moment of truth where I could either do my workout or work on the boat. I chose the workout. Today I got chased inside this morning by rain. But when we got a sun-break this afternoon, I ran outside and got all my critical cutting jobs done (we are expecting rain all week). I cut enough butt straps for the entire ama, and blank cut and then traced cut both bow planks. Given all the steps I have to go, this should keep me busy until we see sun again.  Here is a picture of one bow plank clamped into position so I could trace the chine from the inside.


I'm a little afraid of my router, it is a large, heavy and powerful tool. I actually have two of these, but the other one is mounted in the router table and is much less intimidating when you use it that way. I think I will make some little frames to help me keep it parallel to the cutting surface and also limit its travel. I find things work out best when I rely on planning as much as possible and skill as little as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment