I'm writing this blog as a journal of my build of a Duo-660 catamaran. Most of the content will be dedicated to this endeavor. I try to populate posts with pictures since it is instructive. The notes tab is for misfit posts. Always nice to have a place for the misfits.

-Esteban

Thursday, March 10, 2016

The Devil Walked The Earth Today

I'm not superstitious myself, but I like superstitions.  There is a humility to them that is refreshing and instructive. Today it was raining while the sun was out, so that means the devil was walking the earth, of course. The supernatural weather notwithstanding, I did get some boat work done today.  First off I really underestimated how much work it was going to be to finish fairing the keel and bow.  Also I faired off the first two butt straps and got the first coat of epoxy on the bow planks.  The bow planks are more or less covering the hull so this is the only picture that made sense to take.


This is the faired edge of one of the butt straps at the chine.  I will make it a priority to get more done tomorrow because we are taking the kids traveling for the weekend. Basically the kids and I are tagging along on one of my wife's business trips so the kids can go swimming.  We haven't left town since Christmas, so we are due. The downside is I won't see the inside of the boat shed again until Monday, the earliest.

No comments:

Post a Comment