I'm writing this blog as a journal of my build of a Duo-660 catamaran. Most of the content will be dedicated to this endeavor. I try to populate posts with pictures since it is instructive. The notes tab is for misfit posts. Always nice to have a place for the misfits.

-Esteban

Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Butt Strap Trimming Video

I've been meaning to do this for a while and finally remembered. I took a short video of the Fein tool at work trimming the butt strap installed yesterday. I usually take a few passes and try to be careful. For the video I did not cut it too close to the chine because I was doing it one handed, my left hand was holding the camera. So this is how well it works one handed cutting through 6mm plywood.


After the video cut I took one more pass with the Fein (using two hands) and then hit it with the belt sander for about 30 seconds. Here is the result.


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the instructive video. First time I see this tool in action

    ReplyDelete