I'm writing this blog as a journal of my build of a Duo-660 catamaran. Most of the content will be dedicated to this endeavor. I try to populate posts with pictures since it is instructive. The notes tab is for misfit posts. Always nice to have a place for the misfits.

-Esteban

Thursday, March 3, 2016

Life In The Way Of Boat-Building And Planning How To Plank

I didn't spend any time on the boat yesterday and won't be able to today either. Nothing spectacular going on, just need to take care of house and kid stuff. I did however put down how I'm planning to go about installing the planking.  This figure assumes that all the surfaces are faired including the keel, which will be faired using a gimp as a guide.



For the bow wall plank I'm going to let it overlap the shear and the stem, to be match trimmed after installation. Same with all planking at the shears and transom. If all this works then the only weird joining left is the keel filler aft of BH3.  Functionally I'm going to try to get this all done using the polymer brad nailer, but will have screws and driver at hand if needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment