I'm writing this blog as a journal of my build of a Duo-660 catamaran. Most of the content will be dedicated to this endeavor. I try to populate posts with pictures since it is instructive. The notes tab is for misfit posts. Always nice to have a place for the misfits.

-Esteban

Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Keel Shims And Planning to Plan

I cut the keel cut outs too deep in the bulkheads, I did not account for having to have keel material available to overlap with the garboards. I epoxied, and polymer brad nailed shims to bring the keel to where I can get the garboards installed, and have the keel lie fair. Not much work, but still costs a day to let the epoxy cure.  He is a picture.


The other thing to report is that I'm closing in on a plan that I feel good about for applying the planking. I will make some sketches and try to articulate the plan in an upcoming post. I think this will be a good thing to do to insure that I understand my own plan.

It's raining pretty steadily now so I won't be doing much cutting. I'll likely just get the keel installed and get back to planking planning.

No comments:

Post a Comment