I'm writing this blog as a journal of my build of a Duo-660 catamaran. Most of the content will be dedicated to this endeavor. I try to populate posts with pictures since it is instructive. The notes tab is for misfit posts. Always nice to have a place for the misfits.

-Esteban

Friday, March 11, 2016

Another Day Spent Butt Strapping

I've decided that I'm not going to do all the butt straps first and then plank. I'm going to install butt straps as needed as I work my way from the bow to the transom with the planking.  That said I could have put the bow planks on except they still needed one more coat of epoxy, which I completed today. I also cut and installed the butt straps for the garboards aft of bulkhead 3. A couple of notes, I did check with Bernd on installing the butt straps right next to a bulkhead, he said that was fine. He also mentioned that he likes to stagger butt straps so they do not all occur at the same station. With all that said, here are a couple of pictures.


The picture below shows how the but strap lines up to the bulkhead/chine/keel edges.


So that is it for any progress on this boat until Monday, Taking the kids on a weekend road trip. If I can get my mind my off my life inside the boat shed I should have a good time.

No comments:

Post a Comment